Welcome to Ms. Burroughs' Fourth Grade Class Website
Parents, I encourage you to review everything that is sent home this year. I will communicate with you daily through your child’s agenda.
We will be setting expectations in the classroom, and I have some expectations of parents as well. These will help encourage your child to learn, grow, and value education.
1. I expect you to read with your child every night (even on the weekends) for at least 20 minutes. Please keep in mind that this is a minimum.
2. I expect that you sign the agenda daily, after you have read with your child and have checked the front pocket for important information.
3. I expect that you will tell me when there is a problem so that it can be quickly resolved. I do not know if you don’t tell me.
4. I expect for you to help your child with homework, but do not do it for them.
5. I expect for you to be actively engaged in your child’s learning by scheduling and attending parent conferences and other events.
6. I expect you to encourage your child to respect and love learning by promoting that attitude in the home. If you love it, they will love it!