· Math: Students are working on basic fluency.
· Reading: The students are explaining why they choose a particular book and predict the content in it.
· Writing: Students are prewriting daily.
· S.S: Students are learning about NC’s geography.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR QTR. 1
· 8/11: Open House @ 5:30
· 8/12: Early Release @ 12:30
· 8/18: Picture Day
· 8/24: Interims
· 9/2 Chic Fil A Night @ 4:00
· 9/25: Crocodile Mile· 9/25 Last day : Track back in October 19th·
Monday: Math: Worksheet p 7 & 9-13
Tuesday:Math: Worksheet p 15
Wednesday:Math: Worksheet p 17
Thursday:Math: Worksheet p 19
* reading homework will not be given in advance, just for this week!
Students should still be reading 20 minutes a night.
Student of the Week!
· Ryan has had a great first week. He is very kind to others and completes all of his assignments. Keep up the good work!
· I would like to say thank you for all of the school supplies that you purchased for the room. The students have had a great first week.
· I am looking for volunteers for these positions: Room parent, Website manager, photographer
· Nominations for the AG program for 4th grade students, who are new to Wake County, will be accepted through Aug. 17, 2009. Please send all requests in writing to Mrs. Riley at email@example.com.
The best way to contact me is by email. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. I check my mail before and after school. I will respond back to you within 24 hrs. I normally do not have time to make phone calls during the instructional day. You can also call the school at (919) 841-4333 and I will return your call within 24 hours.