STUDENT SCIENCE SAFETY CONTRACT
In order to maintain a safe science learning environment, students must follow classroom rules of science safety. Please read the rules with your child, sign this form and return it to school with your child.
SCIENCE SAFETY RULES
1. Follow teacher directions at all times
2. Do not touch anything in the science room unless told to by the teacher. This includes animals, plants, and equipment, ect.
3. Never taste or smell anything in the science room unless told to by the teacher.
4. Keep your hands away from your eyes. Wash your hands after science experiments, when instructed to by your teacher.
5. Keep work areas clean and uncluttered. Roll up your sleeves, tie back long hair, remove coats, bulky sweaters, backpacks, ect.
6. Remain in your seat during science class unless the teacher gives other directions.
7. Wear safety goggles when instructed to by your teacher.
8. Don’t mix chemicals or pour anything down the sink. Dispose of waste in designated places.
9. Report any accidents to the teacher. If something breaks, tell the teacher- DO NOT TOUCH.
Parent Signature Date Student Signature