Discovery Quest for January:
All students have been assigned a state to research. Students need to report on the weather and climate of different cities in the state. Please refer to information sent from each individual teacher.
Mrs. Regan's class-All scripts are due on January 25. Presentations will take place from the 26th-28th of January.
Mrs. Regan's directions. The students were given a hard copy of the directions on Friday, January 8.Discovery Quest for January Students, you are going to be meteorologists this month! Each of you will be assigned a state to report the weather and climate.
- Your state is_______________________.
- Please research and report the weather (day to day) and climate (long term weather trends for a specific area) for three cities from different parts of your state.
- You will write a script for your newscast. Your script will include all of your information. Do your best to use new vocabulary we have learned in our Meteorology Unit.
- Your weather report needs to be between 1-2 minutes in length.
- Please bring a picture of the weather you are discussing. It can be a photograph, a computer printout or a hand-drawn visual aid.
- Your final script will be turned in and needs to be written in cursive.
- You can read from your script when reporting to the class. Remember to look up often and have good eye contact with your crowd. Practice speaking loud and clear at a nice pace.