Grading Policiesand Classroom Procedures
Tests are given at the end of each unit and will always be announced. They will consist of multiple choice and short answer questions.
Quizzes are given on vocabulary, reading assignments, and select material at various times throughout the course.
Notebooks may be checked once a month and will be in the form of a notebook quiz. See “Notebook Requirements” on the next page for further information.
§ Homework and Classwork
Homework and classwork is always graded. All assignments are due on the date designated by the teacher. If an assignment is handed in late, it will be marked accordingly. Students will lose 10 points each day the assignment is late.
Participation is extremely important in this class. In order to be successful, you must pay attention and participate in class activities and discussions. Students who are not on-task, caught sleeping, talking to friends, using their cell phone, out of their seat, or being disrespectful to the teacher will be reminded that participation is crucial to the learning process. If disruptions continue, a phone call will be made home, detention will be assigned, or you will be referred to the assistant principal. Disrespectful behavior toward the teacher or anyone else will not be tolerated. Be polite.
§ Be on time.
§ Stay awake and alert.
§ Bring all materials and assignments to class.
§ Respect others and the property of others.
§ Participate in class activities and discussions.
§ Work hard and do your best at all times.
§ Students will maintain a three-ring binder throughout the school year.
§ All work will be done in pen and turned in on loose-leaf paper.
§ Students must have a hall pass to leave the classroom for any reason. Passes will not be issued during the first 15 minutes or last 15 minutes of class.
§ Students who are absent will be required to provide an excused note within 5 days of their return. Otherwise, the absence will be considered unexcused.
These materials are required for this course and must be brought to class daily:
1. A three-ring binder
2. Loose-leaf paper
All students are required to maintain a 3-ring binder specifically for this class. Notebooks will be graded once a month as a notebook quiz. Each notebook will have four page dividers. Each divider will be labeled and arranged in the following order:
Tab 1: Classroom Procedures: Course syllabus, course requirements, instruction sheets, various rubrics and so forth will be included in this section.
Tab 2: Bell-ringer Activities: Daily activities to be completed, dated, and kept in order.
Tab 3: Hand-outs/Notes/Articles: These items will be kept in chronological order.
Tab 4: Tests and Quizzes: All tests and quizzes will go in this section as they are valuable tools for exams.
Extra Credit Policy: There is no curve or rounding of grades. Extra credit will only be considered for students with no missing or incomplete assignments. Extra credit is not a substitute for work the student has chosen not to complete and will not be considered as such.
Ø Before school
Ø Teacher’s planning block
Ø After school
Cheating and plagiarism will not be tolerated. If a student is caught plagiarizing or cheating on a graded assignment, he or she will receive a “zero” for the assignment, a phone call home to the parent/guardian, and a written referral. This is very serious and absolutely will not be permitted in this classroom.
IMPORTANT: Please have a parent or guardian sign the following acknowledgement form and return it by _______________________ for your first homework grade.
Course Syllabus, Procedures, and Policies
I have received and read your course syllabus which includes the policies, procedures, and requirements for this
Cell Phone: ________________________
Home Address: ___________________________________________________________
City: ________________________________________ Zip Code: __________________
Parent/Guardian Printed Name: ______________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: _________________________________________________
Your child will earn a 100% for their first homework grade by returning this form by the end of this week.
Mr. Kevin Bolduc
1. Class begins at ____________ and ends at ____________.
2. Is seating by assignment or student choice? _________________________________
3. If I am absent, how do I get my missed work? _______________________________
4. What happens if I am continually tardy? ____________________________________
5. What are the consequences for plagiarism or cheating? ________________________
6. Tests consist of _____________ (percent) of my final grade.
7. Hall passes will not be issued during the first ______ minutes or last ______ minutes
8. I am required to maintain a ___________ binder specifically for this class.
9. True / False (circle): Extra credit will NOT be considered if I have any missing
or incomplete assignments.
10. Detentions may be served after ___________ or during ____________.
11. Participation in this class is (circle one):
very important / kind of important / not important / not cool.
12. If I am absent on the day of a test or quiz, I will be required to take the test or quiz
13. An absence will be considered unexcused unless I provide the teacher with an
excused note within ______ days of my return to school.
14. I will lose ______ points each day that a homework assignment is late.
15. What is my first homework grade? ______________________________________
16. Notebooks will be checked _________ a month and will be in the form of a notebook _____________.
17. How are grades curved in this class? ______________________________________
18. True / False (circle): Tests will always be announced.
19. Make-up tests and quizzes may only be taken before school, after school, and _____________________________________.
20. What is plagiarism? ____________________________________________________
By signing below, I understand and agree to all the policies, procedures, and requirements for this class.
Student signature: _________________________________________________________
This checklist must be kept in the Classroom Procedures section of my binder.
Date of Birth: ____________________________________________________________
City: ___________________________________ Zip Code: _______________________
Home Phone Number: _____________________________________________________
Parent’s Work Number: ____________________________________________________
Parent’s Cell Number: _____________________________________________________
Do you have a personal computer at home? ( ) Yes ( ) No
Do you have access to the internet? ( ) Yes ( ) No
Do you have an after-school job? ( ) Yes ( ) No