Meeting Times: Mondays & Wednesdays 5:25 - 7:25
Quarter Ends Wednesday March 26th
Spring Break: April 7 - 11th
Throughout this quarter we have studied Global Warming, Pollution and Water Resources. Living in Michigan water is a seemingly endless resource, but we are learning just how fragile the Great Lakes are. Currently, students are researching various issues the Great Lakes are facing and will be creating a website on their topic.
Requirements for Website
- Complete outline with 5 organized paragraphs (clear beginning, supporting details and ending) 100 points
- Photos to support your position with photo credits 50 points
- Complete bibliography with a minimum of 3 sources 30 points
- Overall neatness/effort 20 points
- Well organized and appealing layout 50 points
For a grand total of: 250 points!
Some Websites that may be helpful for your projects...
http://www.great-lakes.net/lakes/ Great Lakes Network
http://www.epa.gov/glnpo/p2.html Environmental Environmental Protection Agency
http://www.on.ec.gc.ca/greatlakeskids/GreatLakesMovie5.html Formation of the Great Lakes (Movie)
http://www.great-lakes.net/envt/flora-fauna/invasive/invasive.html Invasive Species
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shipwrecks_in_the_Great_Lakes Shipwrecks in the Great Lakes