The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is easily one of the most celebrated American novels. It is a story of love, wealth, and scandal based in 1920's America.
Click the link below to access a full, online (and free!) version of the novel.
1. View the trailer for the film based on the novel and decide what type of atmosphere we expect the novel to have.
2. Review the infographic below.
3. Click the link below for an introduction to The Great Gatsby, it's setting, and the author. There are two videos on this webpage, be sure to only WATCH THE SECOND VIDEO you scroll to.
4. Review the information on p. 525 of your textbook regarding Modernism in literature and the Lost Generation of American authors.
Next, access the link below to create an online flyer about The Roaring Twenties.
You should create an account. You AND your partner should know and have access to the log in information (in the case of an absence).
Your online flyer should include the following:
- AT LEAST 3-5 photos
- AT LEAST one video
- Discussion of Modernism in American Literature and The Lost Generation of American authors
- Important, historical information regarding The Roaring Twenties
- Fitzgerald's perspective on The Roaring Twenties
- Clean and neat appearance (this includes consistency in font styles/colors/sizes, organized layout, appropriate headings, etc.)
- NO grammatical errors or misspellings
Click the link below to access an online course base don the people and places of Chapter One of The Great Gatsby.