As the parent you play an important role in your child’s education and here are some helpful hints that you can do to assist your child with their performance on the California State Test and in school:
• Have your child attend school every day.
• Encourage your child to have a can do attitude and to do their best on every test and in school.
• Make sure your child has a quiet place to do their homework and study for tests.
• Have them complete all homework assignments.
• Discuss with your child how important the work they are doing at school is and how interested you are in what they are doing.
• Get a good nights sleep the night before any test.
• Eat a good breakfast the day of the test.
• Have you and your child visit the following website to review the CST released test questions: http://starsamplequestions.org/about.html
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. You also can find answers to questions about the STAR Program on the CDE Program Resources Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sr/resources.asp. California’s content standards can be reviewed on the CDE Content Standards Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/.
Link to Standards
Link to Star Test Information