Welcome to Ms. Stewart's 6th Grade Class at Fremont Elementary School. Our staff is dedicated to providing your child with the best educational opportunities in Fresno during these challenging times. Students will need to be in attendance for live instruction daily and an active participant to keep up to date with their online learning and assignments. Below is a summary of grades, supplies needed, and student and parent expectations. Please check the rest of the tabs at the top of this page for additional important information.
- Sheet Protector Whiteboard (pick up with your supplies)
- Folder (pick up with your supplies)
- Highlighter (pick up with your supplies)
- Pencil (pick up with your supplies)
- History Workbook (pick up with your supplies)
ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES: crayons, colored pencils/pens, calculator,
1. Be prepared. Read through the posts on Microsoft Team. Have your supplies ready to go and laptops charged.
2. Take notes in your Student Journal during online instruction. This will help you actively participate in each lesson and have something to refer to for independent work and tests.
3. Actively participate during all of every online lesson. Attendance will be taken multiple times throughout each lesson based on participation. Be present for all, or you may be marked tardy.
4. Complete all independent work and show all your work on separate paper (for math). Independent work is assigned on instruction days. Idependent work assignments will be due by 11:59pm on the listed due date. If it is a math assignment you have to send in a photo of your work posted in the assignment section on Microsoft Teams. Without a posted photo of your work, you will only earn 50% of your score. Late work is not accepted.
5. If a student is absent any day, then he/she has the number of days absent to make up the missed assignment (work can only be made up if the absence is excused of if stated in a 504 or IEP). The student will be responsible for getting the missed assignment; it is not the teacher’s responsibility. Remember to watch the recorded lessons from the day absent, take notes, and message me for any help.
6. If the student was absent for a test, they must take the test during the scheduled retake time. There are no retakes for tests (unless stated in a 504 or IEP).
7. The teacher is available each instructional day during tutorial hours on Microsoft Teams for extra help. It is the student’s responsibility to show up to these prescheduled sessions if needed.
1. Make sure your child attends our online lessons every day. If possible, check in during a lesson to make sure your child is actively engaged and not distracted.
2. Keep your phone number updated with the school office; we may need to contact you.
3. Use the mobile Atlas Parent Portal to keep track of your child’s overall grade in each subject. Contact me ASAP with any questions.
4. Check online on TEAMs for current or overdue assignments.
5. Make sure they have all supplies indicated on the list provided to you.
6. Encourage your child every day as they have worked very hard. Your child has earned the right to be here through their hard work and commitment to their education.