My name is Lara Sims. I am hoping that you will consider me for any elementary teaching positions taht become available in your district. I graduated from Drury University in May 2009. I have my Bachelors of Science degree in Elementary Education and my teaching certificate from the state of Missouri.
I am currently working for Springfield Public Schools as a computer lab instruction and also as the CARBO Reading Program Director. I create technology lessons and administer assessments for students in third through fifth grade. In addition, I also have piloted the CARBO Reading Program in my school. I have identifies students that are at-risk, created the tutoring schedule and maintain student records.
I am excited about becoming a classroom teacher to help children develop a life-long love of learning. I think that it is important to help young children experience the joy that learning can bring. I am hoping to create a child-centered classroom where all children feel comfortable and confident about learning.
I think that my strengths are:
· Differentiating daily instruction for a variety of levels
· Administering assessments such as DIBELS, DRA, and Running Records
· Creating exciting and hands on activities to motivate my students
· Using a variety of games when teaching tough subjects to make learning enjoyable for my students
· Incorporating cooperative learning strategies into daily activities
I hope that you will take some time to explore my website and learn more about me as a teacher.