What should students do to be safe when using email and the internet?
1. Do not give out personal information without an adult's permission.
2. If anything makes you feel uncomfortable, let an adult know right away.
3. Never meet up with an online person unless approved by an adult.
4. Do not post inappropriate pictures.
5. Let an adult know if you get messages that are mean or in any way make you feel uncomfortable.
6. Never give out your passwords to anyone other than an adult.
7. Never install or download software without an adult's permission.
8. Never do anything to hurt people or break the law.
Classroom Rules For Technology
1. Only visit approved internet sites.
2. Never download anything without your teacher's permission.
3. Never give out your personal information.
4. Tell your teacher if you see something uncomfortable or inappropriate.
5. Leave your workspace as you found it.
6. Print only if you have permission.
7. Never change settings without permission.
8. Place devices on chargers when not in use.
9. Touch the mouse and keyboard gently.
10. Do not eat or drink near devices.
To learn more about technology safety visit discoveryeducation.com
Sources of Reference
10 Classroom Rules for Using Technology-Whooo's Reading blog. (n.d.). Retrieved March 16, 2017, from http://blog.whooosreading.org/10-classroom-rules-for-using-technology/
Kids' Rules for Online Safety | Safekids.com. (n.d.) Retrieved March 16, 2017, from http://www.safekids.com/kids-rule-for-online-safety/