Welcome notes from the teacher!
I have received an outstanding amount of participation from parents on Class Dojo Thank you to everyone who signed up. If you're still interested it's not too late! I feel that this will be an easy and beneficial way for us to communicate. I hope that everyone will take advantage of this wonderful app!
**It is very important that parents sign their child's planner on a nightly basis. Not only does this teach the child responsibility, but it gives the parent the opportunity to see what their student has written in their planner and compare it to the homework listed on the website so you can ensure your child is completing ALL of their homework. Not only that, but I do planner checks which count as a grade in Leadership.**
Our class is in dire need of a few items. If anyone would like to donate, please send it in with your child. Thank you so much!
- Paper towels
- Dry erase markers
- Eraser tops
- We want every student in school to be an Ultimate Math master! Division is the focus this month!
- Let's continue to demonstrate the RAISE values in everything we do!
- We will be having our Veteran's Day assembly Friday morning at 9am. All parents are invited to attend. If you served in the military or are still active duty, please let us know!
- If you do not have access to Infinite Campus, please let the front office know so they can help you get set up. This is a great way to keep up with your child's grades and all kinds of other "neat" stuff!
- Friday will be a half day!
- The times for tutoring are as follows:
- Mrs. Noel: Mondays 3:30-4:30
- Mr. Tinkam: Tuesday 3:30-4:30
- Ms. Christman: Wednesday 3:30-4:30
- Ms. Romberg: Thursday 3:30-4:30
- Any student can attend any of the teachers' tutoring session. They can also attend multiple turtoring sessions if so desired.
- If your child plans to attend any tutoring session, please let me know at least a day in advance.
- We work on computers daily. If your child would like to bring his/her own set of headphones, that would be fantastic because right now the school does not have enough to go around. Rest assured that no one will use the headphones your child brings except your child.
- If you send in money for your child's lunch, please be sure to put it in an envelope or plastic zip top bag, labeled with their name, their grade, and the amount of money enclosed. Thank you!
Daily Clear Learning Objectives (CLOs) for each class:
Math - I can demonstrate howt o add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals on my whiteboard
ELA - I can use examples from the text to support my opinion in a paragraph
Writing - None
History - I can list the impact Columbus had on exploration in my notes
Science - I can label illustrate a land system that includes producers, consumers, biotic, and abiotic elements
Leadership - None
Homework - updated daily:
Subject Assignment Due date
Math Timed math facts M - F
Math Study for decimals test on Friday 11/10
Math Study for Saxon test (lesson 31-35 11/13
CKLA 20 for 20 log M - F
Science Continue to keep track of your bean sprouts 11/13
Leadership Planner signed M - F
**Note - We may not have a learning object or homework for each subject on each day of the week**
"The best way to predict your future is to create it." - Abraham Lincoln
Learn. Lead. Change the World!
5th Grade Teacher
American Leadership Academy- (Ironwood Elementary)
Phone # 480-344-9899 | email@example.com
850 W. Combs Road
Queen Creek, AZ 85140
Optional Social Media Links: