National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) is a student organization to recognize those who excel in their academic and career technology courses.
Qualified Applicants Need
- Place all the (4) forms below and your $75 money order, payable to Centennial High School, in an envelope labeled (ATTENTION GRAY SARTIN) and submit the envelope to the front office. The front office staff will put the envelope in my box.
- Complete the NTHS Application.
- Obtain and submit a copy of your transcript from the counseling office.
- Obtain and submit a copy of your discipline record from the assistant principal’s office.
- Obtain and submit a Career Technology Student Organization Verification Form signed by your career technology teacher. This form also serves as your faculty recommendation. See the list of CTSOs below.
- Junior with (3) completed Career Technology courses in one area of concentration
- Junior with (2) completed Career Technology courses in one area of concentration (AND) currently completing the (3rd) Career Technology course in one area of concentration by the end of the 2017-2018 school year
- Senior with (3) completed Career Technology courses in one area of concentration
- Minimum of an 88 Overall GPA
- Minimum of a 90 Career Technology GPA
- Submit a discipline record to verify
- No more than one ISS or Saturday Opportunity School during the past 12 months
- No honor code violations
- No OSS
- FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) – Business or Computer Science classes
- FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America) – Family Consumer Science classes
- HOSA (Health Occupations Student Association) – Health Science classes
- JROTC Teams (Rifle, Drill, Raider, and Command Staff)
- Skills USA – Law and Justice classes
- TSA (Technology Student Association) – Engineering classes
(12) Benefits of Membership
- Graduation tassel
- Graduation Stole
- Official NTHS seal applied to the member’s diploma or training certificate
- Membership certificate
- Membership Pin
- Membership card
- Window Decal
- NTHS American Careers Journal
- Recommendations for employment
- Recommendations for college admissions
- Scholarships provided by NTHS National Headquarters
- Induction ceremony held at school