Reading/Language Arts Curriculum
· Learn comprehension skills and strategies.
· Learn how to think through a story.
· Learn how to spell words
· Read 120 first grade word wall words.
· Learn sentence structure and grammar skills.
· Learn how to add and subtract.
· Learn about 3-D shapes.
· Learn how to tell time on the hour and half hour.
· Learn about fractions.
· Learn how to count money.
· Learn how to skip count 2’s, 5’s and 10’s.
· Learn how to add and subtract double digits with and without regrouping.
· Learn how to measure using a variety of measurement tools.
This year students will learn about
the Scientific Method and
conduct hands-on experiments.
Social Studies Curriculum
This year we will be studying the Five Themes of Geography, Map Skills, Landforms, Community Workers, Goods and Services and much more.