Welcome to Our Class Webpage!
Everything you need to know and access can be found here.
“Block quotes are a great way to emphasize text.”
- George Washington (probably)
How Can I Pass This Class?
- Attend class every day
- Ask questions- I will assume if you don't ask any questions, that you understand everything.
- READ the syllabus, highlight it and put important information in your calendar/ agenda- you will be treated like an adult....and held accountable for the information I give you.
- Turn in work on time. If you are out, you have one week to see me and make up any missing work. After 1 week, it becomes a ZERO.
- Know that I DO NOT offer extra credit.
- Remember that quizzes, tests and essays impact your grade THE MOST.
- Quizzes, Tests, & Essays - 50%
- Classwork (including daily warm up questions in Schoology) 40%
- Homework 10%-(per LAUSD policy)
While homework is not a large part of your grade, it is necessary to complete classwork on time.
If you fail to do your homework, your classwork grade will be impacted.
Daily Assignments & Homework
Introductions/ Getting Started
The Art of War
What’s Next? Thinking About Life After High School
The Value of Life
Language, Gender, and Culture
The Kite Runner
Bring a Text You Like to Class: Bridging Out-of-School and In-School Literacies
The Senior Portfolio click here
|Right click tables for options.|
Tip: You can copy the website address of any of your pages in a browser and paste it into the "URL" box when creating a link in the editor.