Welcome to Mrs. Stonier's website! I am a Resource Room teacher at Truman High School
in Taylor, Michigan. This website is under construction, but here's some useful information and fun links!
Please check back often. Thanks for looking!
Don't forget our Scholastic Magazine website ! http://scholastic.com/scope
Fun ELA games: http://www.funbrain.com/grammar/
You can log on to Moby max from home if you need to make up some lessons.
It's not too early to be thinking about the future. Check out this website with your parents on getting your own place: http://www.communityhousingnetwork.org/activek/content.asp?catid=129
Here is the syllabus for this year:
Course Information Guide
- Teacher contact info:
Mrs. Stonier: Linda.Stonier@taylorschools.net
- Classroom Rules:
- Be on time.
- Sit in assigned seat.
- Follow directions the first time given.
- Be respectful to the teacher/staff and each other.
- Course Description:
- Resource ELA is a course designed to meet the individual needs of resource students who have an Individualized Education Plan. The class will focus on reading, comprehension, and basic grammar.
- Students will read at least one fictional novel.
- Students will learn at least 5 new vocabulary words.
- Students will be able to write a paragraph.
- Students will be able to correct a sentence.
- Students will be able to better recall what they have read.
- Course Texts
We will be using various fictional novels and supplementary materials from English workbooks.
In case of an absence
See the teacher to get any work that needs to be made up.
- Teacher’s Philosophy: It is my belief that all students can learn, and deserve to be in a structured, positive learning environment where no one is singled out or discouraged from trying. I work hard to build a relationship with each student, and strive to earn their respect by being fair, firm and consistent.
- Participation policy
Participation means not only being present, but paying attention to what is going on in class. Sleeping is not considered participation. It (participation) is very important because we do a lot of work together. We also do not have enough textbooks to go home, so if you have poor attendance, it will make it difficult to earn a good grade.
Grades are earned, not given! Most assignments will have a point value. Work that we do in class will be considered a participation grade. The grades will be distributed as follows:
40% Daily/Independent work including “Do Nows”
20% Tests/ Quizzes.
Disclaimer: this course guide is an overview of the class, and is subject to change.
Please take this home and have a parent/guardian sign below indicating that he/she has read this course guide and understands its’ content. Please also include a daytime phone number. Thank you.
Student’s name: ______________________________________________________
Phone number: _______________________________________