Regardless of the homework assignments posted, students should assume that AR books should be read EVERY week night (even if a student is absent) for a minimum of fifteen minutes. This will help each student achieve their AR goal. Goals are set based on thirty minutes of AR reading daily. This fifteen minutes, in addition to the time given in class easily adds up to thirty minutes of total daily reading. Find more informaton regarding AR by clicking on the page to the left.
**If nothing is posted for the day, then there is no assigned homework
Wednesday-Friday, March 6-8, 2013
- There will be a caught 'ya vocabulary test on Monday, March 11th. Click "Caught 'ya Vocabulary" on the left of the screen to view these words. Students will be tested on apparition-pried.
- Friday, there will also be our affix test on set #10 ONLY. Students will have one chance to take this test. There will be no retakes. 5 words, 10 questions.
Tuesday-Friday, February 26, 2013
- Friday, there will be an affix test over set #9. Students were given notes Monday.
- Friday, students will be giving their "How To" presentation. Students are able to bring props if needed.
- AR deadline is Friday, March 1.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
- Friday, there will be a Prefix, Root, Suffix test over set #9.
- Tomorrow there will be a test over Part II of Maximum Ride. This test will be open book. Science Fair students can take this test upon their return.
- Progress Reports were given out today in class. If they are signed and returned, students will be given 10 bonus points in READING. Parents: Please make sure you read the box at the bottom of the report.
- This marks half way through the nine week period. Students should be meeting 50% of their AR goal at this point.
Thursday, January 31, 2013 & Friday, February 1, 2013
- There will be a test on set #8 of root words on Friday, February 1st. If for some reason the weather does not cooperate, the test will be taken the next time class is in session.
- No weekend homework.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
- Prefix Quiz 7 test tomorrow. Click on prefixes to study set.
Inaugural Address Lesson:
Obama's Address: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=102827
Inaugural Poem by Richard Blanco: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/21/richard-blanco-obama-s-historic-inauguration-poet.html
Video of Address: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zncqb-n3zMo
National Anthem Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-DSFrGnQrk
My Country Tis of Thee Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=034fNYyY9HU
Inaugural Poet, Richard Blanco Recites Poem Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mDrk8AC4G4
America the Beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwbqD3btLiY
Thursday & Friday, January 17-18, 2013
- Study prefixes, set #6 for a quiz on Friday, January 18th.
- No Homework over the long weekend! No School Monday, January 21st and Tuesday, January 22nd!
Tuesday & Wednesday, January 15-16, 2013
- View the following link to view a presentation regarding civil rights, and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. You may have to copy and paste the information into your browser.
Monday, January 14, 2013
- Students were given their prefixes to study for Friday's prefix quiz. Set #6. These should be studied every day this week and added to their current list.
Friday, January 11, 2013
- No Homework for the weekend.
Thursday, January 10, 2013
- Study prefix notes for a test tomorrow.
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
- No Homework.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
- Return Parent Reports for a LATE grade.
- Secret Code: CM61611-26040812-MNL2012 - Email me with the student's name in the "subject box" and enter the secret code in the message body for 10 BONUS POINTS (Email addresses can only be used once).
Check out this website for extra practice on finding an author's purpose. http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ela4/h/authorpur.cfm
Monday, January 7, 2013
- STAR reports were given to students today in class. Parents need to read and review the STAR report, then sign and return the report to me via student. This is for a grade. Please either leave a note or email me for questions.
- Set 5 prefix notes were taken today in class, they should be studied for a prefix quiz on Friday. This quiz will include all prefixes studied thus far. See the prefix page for notes.
January 3-4, 2013
- There are NO Caught 'yas or prefix notes this week due to the shortened week. I hope everyone had a wonderful break! No homework (except for reading AR) this weekend .