Ms. Lyndsi Gayle Clements
To find a teaching position in which I can create an atmosphere in the Social Studies classroom that will be conducive to dynamic student learning. In an increasingly global society, students need a well rounded Social Studies education in which they are exposed to a variety of world views and real world comparison scenarios in the classroom on a daily basis.
Education, Honors, and CertificationsHigh School Diploma, Class of 1999Benton High School, Benton, LA Bachelor of the Arts: Secondary Education Social Studies, Class of 2010Louisiana State University-Shreveport, Shreveport, LA. Provisional CertificationsLA State Secondary Education Teaching License. As of 2011, pending application approval.AwardsLSU-S Chancellor’s List: Fall 2008, Fall 2009 LSU-S Dean’s List: Spring 2008, Spring 2009
· Semester of full time student teaching under Mr. Eric Flowers at Airline High School, Bossier City, LA
· Certified in Secondary Education: Social Studies as of 2011 by the Louisiana Department of Education
· Plan and instruct each lesson using a variety of resources, with an intense focus on technology inclusion in daily lessons and classroom learning activities.
· Implement real world approaches and comparisons to subject material presented.
Key Classroom Technology Skills
· Software Skills: PC and MAC proficient, familiar with Linux system
· PC Software: Microsoft Windows®: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Internet Explorer, WordPerfect, Adobe Creative Suite, Gimp, Audacity, Windows Movie Maker
· MAC Software: MAC OS X Snow Leopard, Garage Band, Aperture, iTunes, QuickTime, iWork, Inspiration, iPhoto, iMovie, Final Cut, Key Note, Safari, Firefox, Star Quiz
· Advanced Internet capabilities
· Troubleshooting Skills: Software installation, virus and spyware removal, system performance problems, printer and hardware installation/maintenance.
Professional OrganizationsNational Council for the Social StudiesNational Council for History EducationInternational Society for Technology in Education
Mr. Eric Flowers
Cooperating Teacher for Student Teaching Semester, Airline High School
Mr. Rick Carson
Assistant Principal of Instruction, Youree Drive Middle School
Mrs. Georgie Ruth Lee
Retired Teacher, College Student Teacher Supervisor