Class Syllabus Algebra III Spring 2011
Mrs. B. Maddox
Website: www.maddox.educatorpages.comYour success in this class will be a product of the consistency of your study and homework habits. Being organized, prepared, conscientious, and present each day will greatly enhance your learning process. You are a student whose job and responsibility is to be the best student that you can be!
Equations and Inequalities Systems of Equations and Inequalities
Functions and Their Graphs Matrices and Determinants
Polynomial Functions Sequences, Series, and Probability
Required DAILY Materials:
Notebook with Loose Leaf Paper
Pencils and Erasers
Textbook (we will leave in class when we can)
Scientific or Graphing Calculator
Optional Materials for Classroom:
Dry Erase Markers
Class Grading Percentages:
Daily Assessments: 20%
Final Exam: 10%
Daily Assessment: Class will consist of warm up activities, taking notes, practice problems, working in pairs, and solving problems on the board. Homework will also be assigned on a regular basis. You must ALWAYS SHOW YOUR WORK when applicable or you will not receive credit. Please have your name, block number, date, and assignment at the top of the paper.
Quizzes: There will be at least one quiz for each chapter. Quizzes may be announced or unannounced. Review will be given at the teachers’ discretion.
Tests: There will be a test at the end of each chapter. Tests will be cumulative in order to prepare for the Final at the end of the semester which is worth 10% of the final grade. A review will be given before each test.
|Extra Help/Make Up Work: Students are responsible for all missed work. Missed work is due as school policy states. There will be no make up quizzes; the grade made on the unit test will replace the missing quiz grade. Make-ups for missed tests will be offered departmentally every Tuesday morning (7:15) and Tuesday afternoon (3:30). For location, please refer to the make-up schedule on my classroom door. Extra help is available Tuesday afternoon until 4:15 in Mrs. Maddox’s room. Please see me to request additional times.|
Classroom Expectations: Be the best YOU that you can be……..ALL THE TIME J
1. Be on time – be in your assigned seat ready to begin when the bell rings. Tardy students WILL be sent to PPO.
2. Respect the teacher, your peers, and their property.
3. Always clean up after yourself!
4. No electronics – this includes, but is not limited to, phones, music, and ear buds.
5. Keep outings to a minimum. IDs are required to leave the room.
6. The teacher, not the bell, will dismiss the class. You will be dismissed once the room is clean and you are seated.
1. Meet all deadlines for work – NO late work is accepted.
2. Ask for help as SOON as it is needed.
3. Be honorable – cheating will not be tolerated!
4. Do your best work all the time!