TurboTax is one of the most popular tax preparation software in the accounting software marketplace. As per TurboTax's license agreement, you can easily install the TT application on all computers. After purchasing a new computer, you can easily install the TurboTax application on it. You must transfer your tax returns to that new computer so you don’t have to start from scratch. You must know how to install Turbotax on Mac or Windows.
How can I transfer my TurboTax files to a new computer?
TurboTax provides you an easy facility to transfer your Tax files to a new system using a USB flash drive or a CD. Instead of emailing your tax returns to yourself; try to use other methods. But before that, follow the steps given below to install TurboTax in a new system:
- To install the TurboTax application on a new system, close all programs, and temporarily disable your firewall and anti-virus application.
- Insert the TurboTax CD and click the "Run setup.exe" file. Follow all the on-screen instructions and click the "I Agree" button on the license agreement page.
- Once the application is properly installed, launch TurboTax on your old system. Open your tax return, tap the "File" option from the top, and choose "Save As" from the context menu.
- Select the folder where you want to save your tax files and click "Save" to export your tax return.
Use TurboTax Tax2PDF options, if you want to save your files in PDF format. Once you are done with the above steps, transfer the backup to the new system.
Read More: TurboTax Tax2PDF TurboTax Error Code 36, How do I Speak to a Live Person at TurboTax, TurboTax error code 510, TurboTax Error Code 2318, TurboTax Error 5640, Turbotax Deluxe Vs Premier, TurboTax Error Code 42016, How to Recover Deleted TurboTax Files
Other Popular Pages by Me:
- Check the difference between all TurboTax Versions
- Learn how to Install TurboTax on Mac without CD?
- Learn how to fix TurboTax error code 1921 and 65535?
- Why is my TurboTax refund been delayed?
- Check how to fix some common TurboTax errors
- Where\'s My Tax Refund? How to Track My Refund in TurboTax?
- Learn Effective Steps to convert TurboTax files from Tax2PDF