Welcome to Mrs. Marks' 9th Grade English Class!
"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
- William Shakespeare
Welcome to my webpage! I am Louise Marks, and I am the 9th Grade English teacher for Franklin High School. As well as being the English teacher, I also am the lead sponsor for the varsity cheerleading team.
I graduated from college with a B.S. in Secondary Education and a B.A. in English and Art History.I have been teaching for 4 years total. This is my second year at Franklin High School. Previously, I taught 8th grade English at Mountain High Middle School.
Currently, I am married to my wonderful husband and we have one son and we are expecting another girl in September 2013. When I'm not grading papers, you can find me travelling, gardening, or playing sports outside with my son.
I look forward to seeing you all in the classroom and getting to know all of you this school year!
Homework for the week of: April 15, 2013
- Monday- Finish page 293 in the GW (Rememember only do part B only)
- Tuesday- Finish brainsotrming personal narrative ideas (fill out the sheet with your final choice)
- Wednesday- Finish your thesis statement if you have not already done so
- Thursday- Finish introduction paragraph for personal narrative
- Friday- Read over introductory paragraph corrections and edit your introductory paragraph
- Friday- Start on first body paragraph