- How is place value determined?
- What are the similarities/differences between number properties?
- Why are exponents mathematically significant?
- What are the parts of the Order of Operations?
Unit 1 Resources:
Unit 1 Glossary
Common Core Standards for this unit:
Compute fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions.
- there are no parentheses to specify a particular order (Order of Operations). For example, use the formulas V = s3 and A = 6 s2 to find the volume and surface area of a cube with sides of length s = 1/2.