They are ideal for an uninvited invitation to a party where you want to make a good impression even if the rest of the time, your lifestyle does not allow you to wear long nails. They are accessible; you can find them in any specialized store or even in a hypermarket.
How to put fake nails at home
If you want to put a pair of false nails at home, here's how to proceed, step by step:
- Push your cuticles to the base using the special stick and gently massage a cuticle oil.
- Prepare the nail surface. For the adhesive to adhere very well to the nail, removing any traces of old nail polish or other impurities is necessary. Use a cleansing disk soaked in nail polish remover to wipe your nails.
- Shorten and file your nails, taking care that when you look at the back of the palm, the natural nail will not be seen under the false nail. It would be unsightly.
- Match the false nails and see if they need more width adjustments, then place them in order on the workbench or the floor, ordering them by size.
- Apply adhesive on the nail bed and press the false nail for 15 seconds, pushing it towards the cuticles.
- Once fixed, you can do your manicure on a regular basis. Below are some model ideas that we recommend you try.
How to remove false nails
You wore them all night and enjoyed the attention of those around you, now is the time to remove them to minimize damage to your natural nails.
- Prepare a bowl of warm water and add shampoo or liquid soap.
- Immerse your hands for a few tens of minutes, then use the cuticle stick to remove the false nails. Hot water weakens the adhesive formula and should be easy to remove.
Immediately after removal, immerse your nails in a bowl of olive oil, slightly warm, massage your nails and cuticles, rinse and then apply a moisturizer for hands and nails.
Let them breathe overnight, and the next day you can apply your favorite nail base and nail polish again.
False nail designs
The most popular models of false nails are acrylic nails or gel nails. Both offer you the desired length of nails and the possibility to create various types of manicures.
Even if you leave the salon with an impeccable manicure, which usually lasts 2-3 weeks, you will probably want to alternate. Then you will choose temporary models that you can remove with acetone, thus returning to the initial manicure on false nails.
This year's most popular trend remains the French manicure, with which you can create numerous models on false nails. From the classic, the tip (smile) of the nail is colored in the most unconventional colors, to the reverse, in which the crescent is the one of a different color.
But we don't stop here.
If you have false nails, you can try V-Chevron models in which the smile or crescent of the nail is replaced by the shape of the letter V, whence its name or even the Ruffian manicure.
Another equally popular technique this year was the manicure technique, with which you get false nail patterns in gradients.
For these nail models, you will need at least two nail polish colors, A and B. With the help of a cosmetic sponge, you can change from A to B or vice versa.
Gradient nail models can be obtained both horizontally and vertically. At the same time, you can color each nail differently, starting from a darker shade to a lighter one.
If you have long false nails, you can highlight them with this manicure.
To reproduce it on your nails, you only need a two-pointed pointing tool. Without it, you can use a toothpick or the tip of a paper clip.
The dots are scored randomly or according to a predefined template. Let these pictures inspire you.