In the crypto realm, MetaMask is a prominent name. Almost every trader might have heard about it once in a while.
If you are new to the crypto journey, you may ask- What is MetaMask? So, in a nutshell, MetaMask is an Ethereum wallet available as online storage for your purchased assets. It supports Ethereum and Ethereum-based tokens as well as it is available as a browser extension and mobile application. It provides state-of-art security to your dumped assets and works as a gateway to a decentralized web as well.
If we talk about security features, a private key plays a crucial role because it is somewhat impossible to decrypt for any hacker. Although, sharing your private key is never safe but still, sometimes users may want to export it for any reason.
So, here we are with detailed guidance to reveal and export the private key of your MetaMask Login account.
Steps to export accounts private key via MetaMask extension
- Firstly, pick up the identicon available at the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the account from the dropdown list that you want to export.
- Click the menu button (three dots) in the top right corner of the account page, followed by the "Account Details" button.
- After this, select "Export Private Key".
- You'll now need to enter your wallet password in order to access your private key. After doing so, press "Confirm" to continue.
- Now, you will see your private key. Click to copy it, then save it in a secure location.
- Finally, click on the option "Done".
After implementing the given steps properly, you will be able to export the private key of your MetaMask sign in account.
Well! We have driven the method of exporting private key for browser extensions. Now, we will learn the way to do so via MetaMask mobile application.
Steps to export accounts private key using MetaMask mobile app
- Open the app and click on the hamburger icon to open the menu.
- Navigate to the Settings option listed in the dropdown menu.
- Pick up the Show private key option after clicking Settings.
- Enter your MetaMask Wallet a password when asked and click Next.
- Now hold the button blue in colour that says Hold to reveal private key.
Now, your private key is revealed, copy it to your clipboard and you can export it.
We have discussed the complete procedure of exporting your private key for both mobile and PC users. You can do it just by implementing the above-mentioned steps carefully. Using a MetaMask wallet is worthwhile and your assets are also secure in it because of its stand-out security measures.
Wrapping it up with a crucial piece of advice never share the private key of your MetaMask sign in account with anyone, no matter how close they are, because you can put your funds at risk by sharing the accounts private key.