· Bachelor's of Science Degree in Biology; Valdosta State University
· Master of Education Degree in Counseling and Guidance; Valdosta State University
· Specialist of Education Degree in Educational Leadership; Albany State University
· 15 years teaching high school science
· 5 years teaching Anatomy and Medical Terminology at Southwest Georgia Technical College
Training and Appointments:
- Served on the Transdisciplinary Inclusive Practices and Strategies Program (TIPS) through the Special Education Department of VSU 2000-2001
- Helped develop the Georgia state Biology framework tasks for the Georgia Department of Education during 2007
- Served as a member of the Georgia Department of Education Environmental Science Committee focused on standards alignment and curriculum organization from 2007-2008.
- Member of the RTI committee for Thomas County Central High School 2010-2011.
- Lego League Coach since 2011
- Recognized by the National Honor Roll Society as one of America's Outstanding American Teachers for the 2005-2006 school year.
- Awarded Teacher of the Year in grades 9-12 for the 1998-1999 and 1999-2000 school terms.
- Teacher of the month TCCHS 10/2008
Misson for All Students:
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.