Photosynthesis Web Quest (20 pts)
Introduction: The idea of this web quest is to help you to understand the different aspects of photosynthesis. At the completion of this activity, you will be expected to be able to…
1. define photosynthesis
2. compare the light dependent and light independent reactions of photosynthesis
3. identify the reactants and products of photosynthesis
4.discuss the importance of photosynthesis to life on earth .
5. outline some of the factors affecting photosynthesis
Questions to answer in your notebooks.
1. Write a definition for photosynthesis.
2. Write the overall chemical equation for photosynthesis using both chemical formulas and words.
3. Identify five factors affecting photosynthesis.
4. Name the main photosynthetic pigment of green plants.
5. Describe what a photo-system does for photosynthesis.
6. Diagram and label the chloroplast.
7. Identify all reactants of the photosynthesis chemical equation.
8. Identify all products of the photosynthesis chemical equation.
9. Study the absorption spectrum of chlorophyll. Which colors of light cause the fastest and slowest rates of photosynthesis?
10. What is the primary product of the light dependant reactions of photosynthesis?
11. What are the products of the light reactions used for during the dark reactions of photosynthesis? .
12. Explain at least two reasons why nearly all life on earth depends on photosynthesis.
Links to look at…
http://www.gpc.peachnet.edu/~vmicheli/biol107/107photo.htm Great overview
http://www.mansfield.ohio-state.edu/~sabedon/biol1105.htm Great for vocabulary