Mrs. Melissa ClarkMadison Junior High School8A English Classroom Policies and ProceduresCurriculumShort Stories/PlotJournal WritingGrammar6 +1 Writing Traits—Compare/Contrast Books hare ProjectNovel: Roll of Thunder Hear My CrySupplies Needed
- One 3 ring binder with 2 pocket folders to keep assignments/handouts/etc. organized
- One Hard bound composition notebook for Journal Writing/Note taking/Assignments
- Black, blue or red ball point pens and regular lead pencils. NO gel/colored pens
Grading: Grades are earned and 80% of all grades will be calculated on a point system composed of all class and homework assignments, projects, papers, quizzes, and exams. Assignments will vary according to the nature of the classroom material. Extra credit will periodically be available for any students who have completed ALL of their assignment work. Citizenship points will be worth 10% of the final grade. Citizenship is worth 300 points. This averages out to 10 points a day. Points are lost if any of the three rules listed below are broken. 10% of your grade will be the End of Course Assessment. Late Work: All assignments will be given a due date. Late assignments will be accepted no later than 2 weeks after due date and will receive a 50% deduction from the earned score. Project:There will be a Book Share Project assignment for this class. You will have about two months to read a book of your choice, complete the requirements, and give a classroom presentation. Most of this assignment will be done out of class, and it will NOT be accepted late. Mrs. Clark's 3 Procedures and RulesBe PromptBe on time to class. You are allowed three tardies per trimester with no penalty. The vice-principal has requested to be notified after the fifth tardy.Be Prepared
- Bring your binder, notebook, paper, pen/pencil, required assignments, and reading book every day. You may leave the room three times per trimester with no penalty. After that, citizen points will be lost.
- No food or drink is allowed in the classroom, EXCEPT clear water bottles.
- Keep all notes, handouts, worksheets, etc. for review throughout the trimester to be used for study
- guides for tests.