Bismi-llahi Rahmani Rahim
(May the peace, mercy, and blessings of God be unto you),
Welcome Parents and Students to the Meraj Academy Islamic Studies Homepage. I am Ms. Nora and I am ecstatic to be the teacher, mentor, and advisor to our fellow students of Meraj Academy. It is my deepest pleasure to teach your children the fundamentals of our beautiful religion, Islam. Our students from Kindergarten to 8th grade will be (Insha’Allah, God Willing) grounded with the fundamentals of:
· Islamic Studies - Aqeedah, Fiqh, Seerah, Adab
· Quranic Studies- Reading, Reciting, Tafseer, Tajweed
· Arabic- Basic language skills- reading, writing
This website will be a page for parents and students to access homework, assignments, and announcements at their convenience. If you are looking for information about your child's classroom including homework and supply list, please click on the grade level the student is in. Information is currently being updated for the 20012-2013 school year, so you are welcome to check back for changes. I pray that this website will create ease to a better way of attaining knowledge and education. .
Here are some quotes on seeking knowledge from our beloved Prophet Mohammad ( SallaAllah Alayhi Wa Salim):
- "That person who shall pursue the path of knowledge, God will direct him to the path of Paradise; and verily the superiority of a learned man over an ignorant worshipper is like that of the full moon over all the stars."
- "Whoever seeks knowledge and finds it, will get two rewards; one of them the reward for desiring it, and the other for attaining it; therefore, even if he do not attain it, for him is one reward."
- "Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave."
- "With knowledge man rises to the heights of goodness and to a noble position, associates with sovereigns in this world, and attains to the perfection of happiness in the next."
- "Acquire knowledge. It enables its posessor to distinguish right from wrong; it lights the way to Heaven; it is our friend in the desert, our society in solitude, our companion when friendless; it guides us to happiness; it sustaines us in misery; it is an ornament among friends, and an armour against enemies."
- "The acquisition of knowledge is a duty incumbent one every Muslim, male and female."
- "Who are the learned? They who practise what they know."