670 Hickory Hill Ct.
Streetsboro, OH 44241
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
To provide students with a safe, open, and explorative environment where all pupils will have the opportunity to achieve success and experience growth, self-expression, and camaraderie through music.
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Graduated: Spring, 2005
Anderson University, Anderson, IN
Anticipated Graduation: December, 2009
Degree: Bachelor of Music in Music Education (Certification: K-12, all areas)
GPA: 3.18/4.0 (overall) 3.65/4.0 (content area)
Home-Schooled Music Classes, Anderson University, Anderson, IN (Fall 2007)
Violin/Viola Instructor, Streetsboro, OH
Teaching private violin/viola lesson since 2002.
Taught music courses to home-schooled children in the Anderson community once a week. Grades ranged from pre-kindergarten to fifth. 50-minute classes consisted of music-related activities including song games, rhythmic dictation, and solfege. Prepared and taught self-created lesson plans.
Practicum, Hamilton Southeastern, Fishers, IN (Fall 2007)
Observed, taught, and participated in Chamber Singers, Royal Accents, and Royal Vocals. Grades ranged from ninth to twelfth. Tasks included providing feedback, rehearing with students, providing vocal warm-up’s, and grading papers.
Practicum, Cherry Tree Elementary, Carmel, IN (Spring 2009)
Observed and taught general music classes once a week. Grades ranged from first to fourth. Aided and led students in Orff, Kodaly, and Dalcroze activities, as well as assisted with recorder, drumming, and non-pitched percussion skills. Also performed various secretarial duties including copying and creating Windows Power Point presentations.
School-Age Instructor, Kindercare Learning Center, Richfield, OH (Summer 2008, 2009)
Provided quality learning experiences for children ages five through twelve through curriculum-based lesson plans. Responsibilities included keeping accurate classroom records, administering first aid, overseeing meals and snacks, chaperoning field trips, and providing valuable instruction daily in the areas of math, science, writing, art, and drama.
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE/ ACTIVITIES
- PG Gray Fine Arts Festival - Anderson University, Kardatzke Wellness Center, Anderson, IN (Spring 2005-2009)
- Madison County Special Olympics- Anderson University, Kardatzke Wellness Center, Anderson, IN (Spring 2005-2009)
- Love INC (Love In The Name of Christ). Ministry for inner-city families- Akron, OH (1999-Current)
- Central Christian Church Chanel Choir and Handbell Choir- Anderson, IN (2007- Current)
- Anderson University Chamber Orchestra (2005-2009)
- Violist for Anderson Symphony Orchestra (2005-2009)
- Active member of CMENC (Collegiate Music Educators National Conference) (2005-2009)
- CMENC Public Relations Officer (2008-2009)
- Indiana Music Educators Association (IMEA)
- Indiana General Music Educators Association (IGMEA)
- Anderson University School of Education, Education Saturday (Fall 2006)
- Various IOSA (Indiana Orff Schulwerk Association) workshops (2005-2009)