Mrs. Melisa Goodman's Classroom
Twin Valley High School
Pilgrims Knob, Virginia
Please sign and return syllabus for class by Monday.
Overall Goal: Students will gain an understanding of fundamental ideas in arithmetic, measurement, geometry, probability, data analysis and statistics, and algebra and functions. They will develop proficiency in mathematical skills. In addition, students will learn to use a variety of methods and tools to solve practical problems.
Standards of Learning are listed at: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/testing/sol/standards_docs/mathematics/index.shtml
- 3 ring binder with sections for 1)grade sheet 2) graded papers 3) vocabulary 4)notes
- Loose leaf paper
- Pencils with erasers (several sharpened in class each day)
- Graphing paper
- Ruler (cm) and (inches)
- Safety scissors
- Colored pencils
- Glue stick
- Access to computer and internet is helpful, but not required.
Quizzes/ Test 50%
*Students will have a 4 ½ week test at the end of each grading period. Students that have not been absent, tardy, or left early for any math class during that grading period will be exempt from the test.
*Each grading period students will receive a grade sheet. If they keep their completed grade sheet in their three ring binder with their graded papers behind it, get their parents to sign it once a week, and turn it in the last day of the grading period they will receive “100” for a quiz grade.
*No homework will be accepted late. I drop the lowest daily grade each grading period in case the student forgets their assignment once. No excuses will be accepted.
- If student leaves before my class they are to check with me before they leave to turn in homework and pick up the day’s work. They will be responsible for the work on time.
- If student is absent they are to copy their make-up work from the “Make-Up” board and it will be due within 5 days. Failure to hand in make-up work or take missed quiz/test within 5 days will result in a zero.
- Students are to act respectful at all times.
- Students must arrive in class on time with all of their materials.
No drinks, food, gum, hats, or book bags are allowed in class.