Even though Komodo is known for having some of the best diving in Indonesia, there are many things to do while you’re here!
One of the most iconic and scenic places in Indonesia is definitely Komodo! I've had the pleasure of staying in Labuan Bajo and exploring the surrounding here a little bit more. Both the Komodo National Park and the west side of Flores has a lot of nature experiences to offer.
Because I found it a bit difficult to find information about the most visit worthy activities around here I decided to make my guide to the top 5 best activities you can do from Labuan Bajo. So let’s start on number 5 and let the countdown begin!
- Cunca Wulang. This is a cool waterfall about an hour drive with scooter from Labuan Bajo. It’s a bit of a drive but I enjoyed to discover some of the country side here, instead of just doing a boat trip in Komodo. When you get to the parking area you need a guide to take you to the waterfall. we paid 140k for the three of us.
- Rangko cave. We drove our scooters 40 minute from Labuan Bajo to Rangko village and went by boat from there to the cave. Some trip arrangers include this cave in their boat trip in komodo so that’s possible. The cave has a wonderful pool inside where you can swim and admire the beauty.
- Padar and Pink beach is located close to Komodo island and can be reached by a boat ride from labuan bajo. This is really worth it because the view from the top is breath taking!
- Komodo dragons is definitely a must while in labuan bajo, flores. Most operators includes it in their budget liveaboard in Komodo. On these trip you can both see the Dragons and enjoy the Komodo Diving.
- Diving in Komodo! Komodo national park has some of the best coral reefs in the world and because the moving waters through the park it attracts a lot of amazing marine life. Here you can choose to dive on a day trip boat or on a budget liveaboard in Komodo. I recommend: mikumbadiving.com