Ms. Kern’s Classroom Rules of “BE”
- BE Respectful: Raise hand before speaking or leaving your seat.
- Be Read to Go: Enter the classroom prepared and ready to learn.
- Be Responsible: Listen, follow directions, and do your work.
- Be Reachable: Participate, be kind and open to classmates.
- Success Stickers: Given randomly for students being motivated and engaged.
- Kern Cash: Given for following the “BE” rules and redeemable at the class store.
- Super Student of the Week: Given weekly to student(s) who are super in behavior and actions for the week. Students will choose form posted classroom reward options.
- Verbal warning
- Loss of Reward
- Principles Office/Phone call home
- Assignments should be turned in on time but in the event, they are late, a letter grade deduction will be implemented.
- Grade checks are available to students to ensure they are on a positive academic track.
- Extra credit assignments will be offered at various times in the school year.
- Extra help is available in after-school tutoring center.
- Grade Scale:
- 100 - 93 A
- 92 – 90 A-
- 89 – 87 B+
- 86 – 83 B
- 82 – 80 B-
- 79 – 77 C+
- 76 – 73 C
- 72 – 70 C-
- 69 – 67 D+
- 66 – 63 D
- 62 – 60 D-
- 59 – below F
Parents Always Welcome!
- I am available from 7: 00 a.m. to 7: 30 a.m. and 3: 00 p.m. to 3: 30 p.m. every school day to address any questions/concerns. Appointments can also be made via my contact information or our classroom webpage