Developing As A Professional Educator
My Goal For Professional Growth
My goal for this past school year was to develop a solid system of collecting data. This system that I created was to be used by myself and my staff. I knew that this would be a difficult goal to attain, due to the fact that I needed to create, implement, and train staff on the proper and most sufficient way to collect data.
What Actions Did I Take To Acheive My Goal?
The actions that I took to acheive my goal were as follows:
- Create a data collection form based on my students goals
- Implement it myself
- See what changes needed to be made through trial and error
- Finalize the most accurate and sufficient data collection form
- Train each one of my staff members individually on the way that I want the data to be collected
- Make sure that each staff member is collecting data exactly how I taught them how to collect it
How Can I Assess My Goal Attainment?
I was able to assess my goal by collecting the data that myself and my staff took at the beginning of the year and compare it to the data collected two months later. I continued the two month benchmark to see how the data collection was progressing and to make necessary changes if needed.
How To Remain A Connected Educator?
I will continue to be a connected educator throughout my career in education in the following ways:
- Collaborating with my fellow educators
- Staying up to date on new techniques
- Teaching strategies
- Technolgies available
- Being open minded to the ever changing world of education
Staying Passionate About Teaching
I plan to stay passionate about teaching by keeping a good balance between my personal and professional life. I think that finding that perfect balance will keep the passion going and continuing to feed the fire that drives me as an educator.
Quote From My Reflective Coach
"Just sent you an email, applause, applause!! Great job and exactly what you stated to me in our conversation."
Advice For New Teachers
- Stay Positive
- Never stop learning
- Don't worry if things don't go as planned
- Take advice from other educators
- Ask a lot of questions