Questions for thought:
Why do we use technology in the classroom?
How do we want technology to help us learn?
What are some challenges you face using technology in and out of school?
Reference Materials: Common Sense Education
Technology is a powerful tool in influencing creative ideas in the classroom. A tool is only as good as the user’s ability to use it to the benefit of all students and leave no student behind. The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), in their NETS-T Standards, delineate the following categories for technology use:
- technology operations and concepts,
- planning and designing learning environments and experiences,
- teaching, learning and the curriculum,
- assessment and evaluation,
- productivity and professional practice, and
- social, ethical, legal, and human issues.
Reference Materials: Intercultural Development Research Association
It is important that each student have an equitable and fair chance to use the technology in the classroom.
This Digital Sign-Up Sheet Link will be utilized for this purpose:
Link to sign out sheet: Classroom Digital Sign-Up