Morning Brain Stretch Activities
(First 10-15 Minutes of Class)
- Monday- "Morning Quote": Students will respond to a quote provided by the teacher.
- Tuesday- "Tell Me What You Read About": Students will write about a book they have been reading (AR), leveled reader, weekly Treasures story, or an article they read in the daily newspaper.
- Wednesday-"Word Choice": Students will create a 4 tab graphic organizer that lists the words from the word wall (provided by the teacher), definitions, 2 antonyms, 2 synonyms, and will compose 3 sentences.
- Thursday-"Think Clouds": Students will respond to a writing prompt from the Treasures series.
- Friday-"Free Write": Students will be able to write about topics that include interests/hobbies, what they have planned for the weekend, and reflections on the past week.
- *All work must be kept in a binder that will be checked and graded by the teacher on a weekly basis!