Today you will create a photo story introducing a particular piece of revolutionary literature. A photostory is a short presentation using pictures, music, and your narration to present a topic to the class. Each group will pick 1 piece of literature and create their own photostory to present to the class.
Each group must choose one of the following topics
- Ben Franklin-Poor Richards Almanac, Autobiography, Speech in the Convention
- Thomas Paine-Crisis Number 1, Common Sense
- Patrick Henry- Speech in the Virginia Convention,
- Thomas Jefferson-Declaration of Independence,
- Phillis Weatley-To His Excellency General Washington, Hymn to the Evening
Your Photo story must include the following items.
- Biography of the Author
- Summary of the literature
- Why the individual or the literature is important in American History
- Slide citing all references in MLA format ALL PICTURES AND MUSIC MUST BE CITED USING MLA FORMAT. A great resource to help you with citations is http://owl.english.purdue.edu/.
YOUR STORY MUST BE 1:30- 2:00 MINUTES LONG. ANY PROJECT THAT STOPS BEFORE 1 MINUTE AND 25 SECONDS OR LASTS OVER 2 MINUTES AND 5 SECONDS WILL BE GIVEN A 50% F. ANY PICTURES OR MUSIC NOT CITED WILL BE GIVEN A 25% GRADE DEDUCTION FOR EACH PICTURE OR SONG.