Journal Entry 9/23: Quadratic Formula
1. When would you use the quadratic formual instead of factoring?
2. What is the quadratic formula?
3. What does +- mean?
Journal Entry 9/22: Quadratic Equations
1. Why do we set quadratic equation =0?
2. Does a quadratic equation ALWAYS have to have 2 different roots?
3. Do the roots of a quadratic equation have to be integers?
Journal Entry 9/20: Factor Trinomials
1. What are the steps to factor trinomials?
2. Ms. Varano factored x2+5x-4 as (x+4)(x+1) because 4(1)=4 and 4+1=5. Do you agree with Ms. Varano? Explain why or why not.
Journal Entry 9/17: Factor Polynomials
1. How do you factor “difference of perfect squares”?
2. Explain why a factor has to be common to all parts of a polynomial to pull it out.
3. Factor completely 8x3-18x
Journal Entry 9/15: Equations with inequalities
1. What is different when solving inequalities?
2. Explain the “thumbs up, thumbs down” method.
Journal Entry 9/14: Unit 1 Pretest
1. What standards were easiest for me?
2. What standards were hardest for me?
3. What are the steps for solving absolute value equation?Journal Entry 9/13: Why are goals important?
1. Why are goals important?
2. Why should I evaluate my goals often?
3. What is my math goal for this year?