Night Reading/Study Guide
1. Write an example of a simile found on page 1.
2. What does Elie desire to study?
3. Who does he get to help him?
4. What happens to Moshe the Beadle?
5. What does Moshe say happened while he was away?
6. Why don’t any of the townspeople believe Moshe?
7. What kind of position does Elie’s father have in the community?
8. What kind of relationship do Elie and his father have at the beginning of the novel?
9. Where are the Jews sent first after the arrival of the German soldiers?
10. Provide an example of a simile and a metaphor from page 15.