Writing Assignments week of September 30:
Frienship essay/free write for PTSA Reflections contest--in class.
Reading Assignments week of September 30:
Honors & Regular From Nya's perspective, write a letter to the younger children in her tribe.
What advice would she give them? What would she tell them about how to survive? What tips
would she give them about gathering water or how to make the trip to water? What would she tell them
to do when they are sick? Answer any other questions that the children might have for her.
Short Answer Instructions
1. Answer the question using flip-it.
2. Give a reason.
3. Give evidence from a textual source.
4. Give another reason.
5. Give another piece of evidence from a textual source.
Extended Response Answer Instructions
1. Answer the question using “FLIP IT”
2. Give a reason why you chose your answer
3. Give evidence that supports your reason
4. Give another reason why you chose your answer
5. Give another piece of evidence to support your reason
6. Make a connection to the text
a. Put yourself in the character’s shoes
b. Tell about a lesson you learned from the story
c. Tell about a situation in real life that was
similar to the situation in the text
Sudan news articles:
Sudanese War Summary Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USLDoIiFzzg
Sudanese Water Crisis Summary: http://thewaterproject.org/water-in-crisis-sudan.asp
Sudanese Water Crisis Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRLmqUeg_Qk
Sudanese Healthcare & Education: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yct4qCzus3U