Iguana Binder The single most important thing in your backpack. All your important papers should be in here, in an organized manner. Also should contain your planner and folders for each class.
Intelligent, Gatherers, Uniting, All , Needed, Assignments
| ||assign |
1. Give someone a task or job. Homework and projects are assigned
2. to give a job or assignment to someone
| ||auditory |
1. Auditory learners find it easier to understand information that is communicated to them verbally rather than through books or other publications.
2. type of learner who learns best by talking aloud or listening to a lecture
1. Schoolwork that is to be finished at home. Some say this needs to be done before you watch TV.
2. School work done outside school, maybe done at library, a friends home or even in the car! BUT not done in another class!
| ||intelligence The ability to comprehend; to understand and profit from experience. |
| ||interpersonal A person with this type of intelligence is very good at understanding other people. |
| ||kinesthetic "The Mover" - This learner likes to interact physically with his/her environment. They are typically good at sports,and are often moving, fidgeting, or tapping. |
| ||learning style |
1. The various ways a person learns.
2. Three major learning styles are visual, auditory, and kinesthetic.
1. "The Word Player" -This learner loves reading and writing. They typically enjoy jokes, riddles, tongue twisters and plays on words.
2. people with this kind of intelligence enjoy writing, reading, telling stores or doing crosswords
| ||long term memory Information that is stored in your brain for a lengthy period of time. (file cabinet) You must review information within 24 hours of first learning it to move from short term to long term memory|
1. The cognitive processes whereby past experience is remembered. "he can do it from memory"
2. The power of retaining and recalling past experience. "he had a good memory when he was younger"
| ||musical A person with this type of intelligence is very good at creating sounds and rhythms. They are also sensitive to sounds. |
1. Rewriting or restating someone else's words into your own
2. To restate sentences into your own words.
If you paraphrase something you show that you understand it.
| ||planner A book or agenda for keeping assignments or appointments. Not just a bathroom pass. or Iguana Card holder!|
| ||priority Status established in order of importance or urgency. Do the harder tasks first. |
| ||safmeds Say, All, Fast,Minute, Each, Day, Shuffled.|
A method for studying vocabulary that increases fluency and retention
| ||senses |
1. Touch, smell, hear, taste and sight.
2. that which allow us to perceive and experience the world around us.
| ||short term memory |
1. memories stored for several minutes or even a few hours
2. remembering information that your brain just received
3. This type of memory holds about five pieces of information. (the junk drawer)
1. through the sense of touch
2. Of or relating to or proceeding from the sense of touch. "a tactile reflex"
1. type of learner who learns best by reading information or seeing a demonstration
2. A learning style that uses visual aids to learn.
Visual learners can often SEE pictures or entire pages in their heads.