Choose one of the following topics to research and present to the class.
1. Research a scientist who contributed to evolutionary theory and/or natural selection. Explain his/her contributions: Mendel, Darwin, Punnett, Lamarck, Gould,
2. Research a species with a beneficial mutation or adaptation and describe its impact on the species.
3. Research a genetic disease. Include as much information as possible about how the mutation may have occurred and how it affects future generations.
4. Choose an extinct species and develop a time line for it’s evolution.
5. Write an essay for or against cloning. How would widespread cloning affect the differences in traits in individuals within a species?
6. Research an endangered species and discuss the reasons for its possible extinction. What adaptations would the animal or plant need in order to survive?
7. Research the evolution of hominids. Are we descendants of chimpanzees?
8. What happened to the dinosaurs?
9. Research fossils and explain how scientists use them to gather evidence of evolution.
10. How does selective breeding change future generations of a species? Research a specific plant or animal to answer this question.