Brain and Senses
At the end of this unit, you should be able to answer the following questions.
- What is the function of the brain?
- Can you name the three parts of the brain?
- What is the nervous system?
- How does the nervous system function?
- Why is the spinal cord important?
- What are the brain waves?
- How can you keep your brain safe?
- What is a neuron?
- Name the five senses
- How do my eyes work?
- How can glasses or contacts help?
- What does it mean to be color blind?
- Who was Helen Keller and what tool did she use to learn to read?
- How do my ears work?
- What is sign Language?
- What is special about my tongue?
- Why do I have a nose?
- How does my sense of taste and smell work together?
- what is the job of my skin?
Useful Web links:
http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/htbw main page.html
At the end of this Unit, you should be able to answer the following questions:
- What is the capital city of Russia?
- What continent is Russia located on?
- What is the official language of Russia?
- What kind of government now exists in Russia?
- What caused the end of the Imperial monarchy in Russia?
- How long was Russia part of the U.S.S.R.?
- When did the Cold War end?
- What is the official name of Russia now?
- Why is ballet so important to the Russian people?
- Who are some famous ballet stars?
- What is the Bolshoi?
- Who were some famous Russian composers?
- Name some famous musical compositions.
- What kinds of food do Russians enjoy?
- What are some famous holidays in Russia?
- What are some important industries for Russia today?
- What are some traditional clothes that people wear in Russia?
- How big is the country of Russia in comparison to other countries?
- Name some Russian poems or fairy tales that have a moral message.
- Who was the first person in space?
- Name some traditional Russian objects.
- Why do Russians decorate eggs?
Useful web links: