- 8 oz of Elmer’s Glue
- Large mixing bowl
- 8 oz Plastic cup
- Measuring cup
- Food coloring
- Paper towel
- Zipper-lock bag
1. Empty the entire bottle of glue into a mixing bowl. Fill the empty bottle with warm water, cover with its lid and shake. Pour the glue-water mixture into the mixing bowl and use the spoon to mix well.
2. Add one to two drops of food coloring.
3. Measure 1/2 cup of warm water into the measuring cup and add a teaspoon of Borax powder to the water. Stir the solution.
4. While stirring the glue in the mixing bowl, slowly add a little of the Borax solution. Keep adding the Borax solution to the glue mixture until you have desired effect.
5. To store, seal Gak in a zipper-lock bag.
Courtesy of skiptomylou.org and stevespanglerscience.com