How They Grow in Third Grade
Where They Are-
The average eight-year-old is explosive, excitable, dramatic, and inquisitive. They:
• Possesses a "know-it-all" attitude.
• Is able to assume some responsibility for her actions.
• Actively seeks praise.
• May undertake more than she can handle successfully.
• Is self-critical.
• Recognizes the needs of others.
Where They're Going-
At eight years old, your child is learning how to set goals and understand the consequences of his behavior. You can help by encouraging him as he:
• Explores the relationships of feelings, goals, and behavior.
• Learns about choices and consequences.
• Begins setting goals.
• Becomes more responsible.
• Learns how to work with others.