Additional homework choices are offered here for those who wish to increase the homework for their child.
This work is not mandatory but will be accepted as extra credit if submitted, and may be assigned at the discretion of the parent.
Please mark any submission as "CHOICE HOMEWORK" when putting it in the Homework Bin.
- Use a word from Science, Social Studies, Math, or Toastmasters, and create a Vocabulary graphic organizer.
(follow the example (known as "the Frayer Model") that we used for the word "Tree" when we learned this.
Some students have been doing this regularly on their own.
- Do further research with the help of a parent (and the internet or book, or other source) on a Social Studies or Science unit we completed discussed at school.
- Do research on a hobby a character had in one of your fiction books.
- Take a part of a fiction book, and rewrite it in a "play" format, such as the ones we have started using in Readers Theater
- Plan a speech for Toastmasters. Be sure to practice it and choose a visual aid that you can hold up (not pass around) to add excitement to your speech.
- Practice speaking loudly, not too fast, and clearly.
- Create your own math exemplar/word problem, and solve it in a way that would be graded a 4 (Expert).
- Draw a clock showing a certain time, and write that time in words and in the way a digital clock would show it.
- Write a booklet quick-write on a favorite non-fiction topic.
Be sure to include an introduction, chapters, and conclusion.
Additional features would also be a good idea, like diagrams, glossaries, pictures and captions, etc.
- Practice your handwriting by choosing a favorite paragraph in a book and rewriting it in your reading notebook.
- Review your "Question Starters" so you can be prepared to ask some high level questions in our next Socratic Circle activity next week.
- MORE CHOICE HOMEWORK CHOICES WILL BE COMING SOON! I AM ALSO OPEN TO IDEAS TO ADD TO OUR CHOICE HOMEWORK LIST!