Here’s a list of 20 questions and statements to prompt your child to write. Set aside writing time every day, weekly, or whenever you choose!
- What would happen if kids ruled the world?
- If you could be any animal you like (real or fantasy), which would you choose, and why?
- Everyone in your family has a super power. Which family member has which super power and how does each one work?
- I have never been more frightened than when…
- You’re going on a week-long camping trip but you can only take three items. What items would you take, and why?
- Invent and describe a new food.
- You’re stranded on a deserted island with one other person. Who would you hope it was and why?
- What would you do if you woke up one morning to find yourself invisible?
- Write a list of at least 20 things that make you feel good.
- What is your favorite kind of weather? Why?
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment and why?
- If you could travel back in time to any moment, what would it be, and why? Would you change history or just observe?
- What if everyone lived in space? How would we travel from place to place? What sort of houses would we live in? What would we eat?