The content taught in the English classroom will be centered on the areas of reading, writing, listening, speaking, viewing, research, and inquiry. In teaching each of these key areas of the language arts curriculum, I will work to ensure that each student is actively engaged in meaningful activities that emphasize the importance of language arts in daily life; enhance each student’s confidence in his/her ability to read, write, speak, listen, view, and conduct research; and help each student learn to communicate and reason more effectively.
You can expect professional, responsible, and quality instructions from me, as I expect students to exhibit their best effort and to conduct themselves as young men and young ladies. Classroom rules are essential in maintaining an environment that allows ALL students an opportunity to learn.
SUPPLIES: Students must bring all supplies to class daily.
- 3-Ring binder---
- Loose-leaf paper
- Pen (blue or black ink) or pencil
- 1 box of Kleenex or paper towels
- All English II students must purchase an Enrichment Plus workbook for $10 by January 6, 2012.
- Upon entering the classroom, sit quietly and begin the bellwork/journal entry on the board. Bellwork/journal entry will be a minor grade.
- MAKE-UP WORK IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! You can pick up missed assignments before school or during break.
- In the event of a fire or tornado emergency/drill, remain calm and follow emergency procedures as instructed.
- MOST IMPORTANT—I dismiss the class—NOT THE BELL!!!
- All required material must be brought to class each day.
- Respect the teacher, your classmates and yourself.
- Students will engage in class work from bell to bell.
- No food, drinks, candy or sunflower seeds in class.
- No student will interfere with another student’s right to learn or a teacher’s right to teach!
- A student is tardy to class if he/she is not inside the classroom before the bell stops ringing.
- Take care of personal business in between classes, during break or lunch. Students will receive five hall passes per nine weeks. Unused passes may be turned in for bonus points at the end of the term.