Reading Response Form
Pages Read:_________________ Response # : ______________________________________
Responses must be at least one paragraph (three-five sentences) in length. Responses must show high quality thinking and writing abilities (spelling, punctuation, complete sentences, etc.) J.
1. Summarize what you have read. Make sure to include all major events and ideas presented in your reading.
2. Explain a prediction you can make based on what you have read. Make sure to include evidence from the story that supports your prediction.
3. Make a connection to what you have read. This might be a personal connection or a connection to another story you have read. Explain why this connection helps you better understand the story.
4. Compare and contrast a character or event from the story to another character or event from another story. Make sure to include both similarities AND differences.
5. Complete a reading response using the skill/graphic organizer you are useing during Reading Workshop.