The Counselor Helps Children at School by:
- Counseling with students individually about concerns that bother them and make it hard to concentrate at school.
- Counseling with children in small groups on topics like dealing with divorce and separation, social skills, and anger management.
- Teaching children in through class room guidance about topics such as doing your best in school, study skills, managing feelings, and making decisions.
The counseling program at Pleasant Union is designed to assist your child in
making the most of his or her educational experience. As your child's
counselor, I am concerned about his or her emotional well-being, academic
progress, and personal and social development.
I have a BA degree in Psychology and a Master's degree in school counseling,
both from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. My graduate
program is accredited by the American Counseling Association's Council for
the accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs(CACREP), the
nationally recognized accrediting agency for counseling graduate programs. I
am a certified school counselor by the state of North Carolina and a National
Board Certified Counselor. I was voted Wake County Public School System
Elementary Counselor of the Year for 2004-2005. The Pleasant Union
counseling program is a recognized American School Counselor's Association
Model Program (RAMP).
Unfortunately I am not able to provide the following services to your child
or to parents:
1) Testifying in court in child-custody matters
2) Long-term,intensive counseling services when they are needed by a child
I have been the Counselor at Pleasant Union since 1992. I was first employed
in the Wake County School System in 1981 as a counselor at Millbrook Senior
High School. Since that time,I have worked at Daniels Middle School, Effie
Green and A.B. Combs Elementaries.
I am looking forward to working with you and your wonderful children!