1. hermit: A hermit is a person who lives alone, often far from a community.
2. fascinated: When you are fascinated by something, you are very interested in it and pay close attention.
3. occasionally: If something happens occasionally, it happens once in a while.
4. timid: A timid person is shy and unsure of himself or herself.
5. peculiar: Something peculiar is something that is very strange and unusual, usually not in a good way.
6. drab: Something drab looks dull and lacks color.
7. trembling: If something is trembling, it is shaking slightly.
8. dashed: If someone dashed away, they quickly and suddenly ran away.